Friday, March 18, 2005

Dense (Blogger) Desks

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"No matter how well you decorate a cubicle, it's still a cubicle."
—Dan Rosensweig, COO, Yahoo


I admit I took it easy. On the blog, that is. My sweet friend S. called from London earlier on and kept me on the phone for about an hour: the weather in England is so ...greek, it appears. Everyone in London is so happy about it. I tried to persuade her it's all my brother-in-law's fault, he just visited London to pick up a Prize along with his office-mates, apparently. Good for them, they were invited to a black-tie dinner at The Savoy. Maybe they exchanged sunshine for some clotted cream the day after. Anyway, S. told me she's not into this blog culture and what a pig I am to employ these two unsuspecting females to do all the work for me. I protested. I even asked her to join "the team of editors" (as it is euphemistically known). Need I say she diplomatically declined? Makes one wonder where one's charm was lost...

But, the self-criticism is not exactly accurate. Following my exciting adventure at Fistful of Fortnights, I've actually been busy in other quarters (testing mother tongue after quite some time). And while you people were sleeping, a (seemingly ever-expanding) nucleus of greek bloggers ventured on a collective attempt at shaking the established order. FRE-e_PAPER. Nah, dystro could not be absent from such. Time will tell. Sorry, wholly in greek.

Catering to anglophones, are you aware that Blog Noir's final chapter has been posted by Sadie, thus concluding this outrageously successful joint-venture? You're better off spending part of your weekend reading the full works, instead of lazily laying in the sun (assuming it's sunny in the rotten cold places most of you live).

Which conveniently brings us to the major question I meant to present anyway: what's the matter with this bloody blog? Will there ever be a theme? Will we see a purpose? Is there anything beyond meaningless ramblings on cats and runaway teenagers? (Well, I know there hasn't been much written on teenagers, but, fathering two teenage kids now, there's a lot of talk about such matters on the home front. Please bear with me on this.) Readers, visitors, fellow Blomans: Reality is extremely disruptive (and should be banned). Perhaps it's time for some statistical evidence - this usually works with the technorati. Point one, over 20% of our daily visitors are now recorded as residing in North America. This is a great moment for all of us, especially the ones operating behind the scenes (you didn't really believe it's just the three of us around here now, did you?). Point two, for the first time in this blog's history, hits from the U.K. climbed to position #3 in our top-20 list, overtaking Cyprus. I guess some --ehm, outvisitors should tell their friends about us. Or their relatives in Africa, since this remains a continent we have had zero (that's nil, 0, nada) visitors from. I assured the relevant U.N. High Commission on Blogging this has not been the result of any racial discrimination on our part. They told me it's ok even if we did discriminate. Part of some ploy by the World Bank, surely. Some people are surely wolves. Go figure.

So. It's pretty clear to all, this was a rather pointless post. But it's got my nick under it, so all the smiling beauties out there know I am still alive. And all the smiling beauties in here were reminded who the boss is around dystro-blog. Have a super weekend, all. And keep returning for more exciting content at half price. One third, even.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dimitra said...

You know what? I think people are increasingly becoming far too obsessed with the need to have a sense of finalité attached to their endeavours. I mean, look at what went on with Giscard - ! Whatever happened with the notion of enjoying the journey? Eh?

As for your posts, darling, they never could be pointless: they are from you and this alone is point enough!

11:59 am EET  

Post a Comment

<< Home