Tuesday, March 08, 2005

In lieu of (proper) introductions

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look will easily unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

I never much cared for 'proper' introductions - in fact, I never much cared for classifying anything as proper. But as I felt I wanted to introduce myself, I thought I'd do so with borrowed words but shared emotions. The triptych, in its true, substantiated sense, is here and looking forward to further flourishing. Happy reading :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

First they unclose you, then they unclothe you. We're not ready to go that far (as far as I know), but I'm impressed that no one has (yet) said anything about threesomes, ménage à trois, and so on. We're close, but this particular case of even vs. odd isn't (yet) closed.

De(e), the petals are delicate. They require a light touch. But it's the bruises and scars that change the landscape forever.

8:08 am EET  

Post a Comment

<< Home